Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks Alex and Sherman!

People often ask me...."How often do you play golf?" Not much is my normal answer.
But this summer was different.
Two of my students, Alex and Sherman, had goals to make their middle school golf teams.
Their parents/grandparents and I put together a plan which included lessons and playing sessions. This started after school let out in early June.
We played the courses in which they would have to play for try outs.
I HAD A BLAST!!!
Along with Shermans grandfather, they were my weekly foursome. I walked with them playing the courses and played from the whites. Some of these courses were quite challenging, and fortunate for me, the weather stayed bareable!
I am very happy to report, that both made their teams!!! I am very proud of their dedication and willingness to listen and learn.
Also, would like to report, my game has improved just being able to play this summer.
I hope Sherman and Alex will keep us updated with how the season goes!
THANKS GUYS FOR A GREAT SUMMER OF GOLF!!


No comments: